Who Can Attend a SET Pescador Weekend?
- There are three qualifications for SET Pescador candidates:
- Must be at least 15 years old (or an incoming high school freshman) and not older than 20,
- Candidates cannot be married, and
- Candidates must be sponsored by someone who has previously attended a SETP, SETVN, Tres Dias or other recognized weekend.
What is the Cost for a Candidate?
- The candidate weekend fee is $120 and covers lodging and food from supper on the first day to lunch on the last day.
How do I sponsor someone as a Candidate?
- To sponsor a candidate you must have already attended a Tres Dias, Vida Nueva, Pescador or other recognized weekend.
- As a sponsor, it is your responsibility to arrange your candidate's transportation to-and-from the weekend. You will also assist them in completing their application and waivers/health forms.
- Although many sponsors choose to gift their candidate with the weekend fee, payment of the candidate fee is not the responsibility of the sponsor. You will want to discuss this with your candidate.
- After we receive your candidate's application, you will receive a request to complete an online Sponsor Confirmation Form where you will will provide some additional information to complete your candidate's application.
- To assist the team in final preparations, we ask that all Candidate Applications be turned in seven days prior to the weekend.
Where are South East Texas Pescador Weekends Held?
- SET Pescador weekends are held at Sandy Creek Bible Camp in Washington, Texas.
- Formats vary based on the weekend, and are either 2-night events (Fri-Sun) or 3-night events (Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon depending on school holidays.)
I am already 21, but I would like to attend a weekend like SETP. Is there anything for me?
Yes, Tres Dias is a weekend similar to Pescador for adults 21 and older. There are several Tres Dias communities in the Houston Area: South East Texas Tres Dias, Grace Gulf Coast Tres Dias, Space City Tres Dias, and Brazos Valley Tres Dias weekends are all held at Sandy Creek Bible Camp. You can also visit www.TresDias.org for a list of communities worldwide.
How do I serve on a South East Texas Pescador Weekend?
- To serve on a weekend you must have attended a Pescador, Vida Nueva, Tres Dias, or recognized equivalent weekend.
- Weekend team fees are $140 (youth) or $180 (adults)
- Click here to sign up to volunteer as a team member on the upcoming weekend.